- This event has passed.
VMX NAVC 2020 | January 18 – 22, 2020 | Moderating
January 18, 2020 - January 21, 2020
VMX – The World’s Leading Veterinary Conference
January 18-22, 2020 • Orlando, Florida
Martin Luther King, Jr. Weekend
Get ready for incredible, immersive learning at VMX 2020! You won’t want to miss this veterinary conference event where you’ll share insights and camaraderie with veterinary professionals from across the country and around the world.
Learn from the brightest professionals in the field and explore all the veterinary CE topics you’re interested in, while enjoying a winter break in sunny Orlando. Join us for once-in-a-lifetime tours, and go behind the scenes with the area’s most captivating attractions.
SESSIONS I’LL BE MODERATING:
Canine Sports Medicine
- Benched: A Review of Canine Sports-Related Injury – Christina Montalbano
- Keep Them Running: Combating Age – Joseph J. Wakshlag
- Raising the Bar in the Raising of Service Dogs – Christina Montalbano
- Functional Anatomy and Biomechanics for Performance Dogs – Robert Gillette
- Diagnosis and Management of Non-Surgical Lameness in the Sporting Dog – Robert Gillette
- Designing Conditioning Protocol: Different Sports, Different Goals – Robert Gillette
Understanding & Treating Noise Reactivity & Aversion in Dogs (sponsor Boehringer Ingelheim) – Margaret Gruen
This session will review the common presentation of noise reactivity and noise aversion in dogs, focusing on management strategies and setting reasonable expectations. How to approach these cases, including acknowledging caregiver burden, will be discussed, as will environmental/behavioral modifications and pharmaceutical treatment options for dogs.
1. Understand the prevalence of noise reactivity and aversion in dogs.
2. Be able to describe the approach to history taking and diagnosis.
3. Understand the available treatment options, including their mechanism of action and expected effects.
Wellbeing: What You Should Know
- New Study on Wellbeing and Mental Health of Veterinarians – Christine Royal, Judson Vasconcelos, John Volk
- Dealing with Imposter Syndrome – Nadine Hamilton
- Suicide and Risk Factors for Suicide Among Veterinary Professionals: What Does the Evidence Tell Us? – Randall Nett