How To Resolve Conflicts Involving The LGBTQ and Disability Communities | 20 Hour Training | Rescheduled For The Spring
April 1, 2019
As our society becomes increasingly more diverse,
LGBTQ and Disability issues have increased in number and focus.
During this 20 Hour training, long-time conflict resolution professionals Cecilia Paizs, Gary C. Norman and Debra Hamilton, will equip you with the tools and information you need to help resolve conflicts involving the LGBTQ and Disability Communities.
These populations confront similar forms of stigma and discrimination. Some issues that have been successfully handled through A.D.R. pathways, include:
• Workplace Claims
• Family or Domestic relations, e.g. Divorce
• Issues Involving Caregivers
DURING THIS 20 HOUR TRAINING WE WILL DISCUSS:
• Accessibility concerns
• How Alternative Dispute Resolution can be applied to resolve conflicts in these populations – both in terms of “relational practice,” including on-the-spot tools as well as in a traditional court-annexed process
• Unique issues that arise in mediations with LGBTQ and Disabilities
• Ethical concerns, including, but not limited to, bias and self-bias, capacity, and self-determination (This will provide at least two credits of ethics-related material.)
Training Is Limited To 20 people
THIS TRAINING HAS BEEN RESCHEDULED FOR THE SPRING 2019